Thursday 22 May 2014

PIRATES at TOWNHILL JUNIORS

 Book week at Townhill Juniors went with a real Yardey Ha!

It was fabulous to back again and to be remembered by name by the older pupils, must mean I've been doing my job well on other visits.

As I set up my flags and artefacts, the children on lunch break couldn't resist asking me questions and itching to explore the objects.  But over the course of two afternoons each year group had their performance and were transported off to sail the seven seas in their imagination with a combination of two Pirate stories linked together with some call and response singing. 

Once again teachers of more 'exhuberant' classes were amazed at their pupils ability to sit and listen for the whole session, transfixed and attentive, as they discovered the power of storytelling ...