Tuesday 25 September 2012

Off to visit the Forest Row Festival...

It may be the weekend, but this Friday will see me heading back to school-  not just any school though but The International School of Storytelling! 

I can hardly believe a whole year has passed since I was there studying on their full time course "The Heart and Craft of the Storyteller", and now another cohort of budding tellers have started their adventure...

As part of the festival I will have opportunities to hear both familiar colleagues and new voices telling stories in many different settings and contexts,including stories for children by the hearth in a home, a village hall and on storywalks. 


The icing on the cake will be an evening performance by Rachel Rose Reid in the College's Story Hut. The place that became my home for those 3 months, filled with laughter, stories, music and friendship, and many performances

It will be a wonderful weekend of nostalgia, walking the woods, new tales,  networking, and a chance to spend quality time browsing the School's library shelves. 

I'm really looking forward to it, I only hope the weather is kind since I will be sleeping in my tent!