Wednesday 12 September 2012

Oui Oui, Stories en Vacance in France


What an amazing adventure, this August I have been exploring the Charante region in France, near Cognac with all of so my husband's family, including my 5 nieces, 1 nephew and Megan.

Over the two weeks I was certainly put through my story telling paces, with tales told in the pool, in the car, during a power cut, round the barbecue, in chateau gardens, towers, caves, and of course bedtimes.

One of my favourite moments was when the two 8year olds' room got taken over by the others who didn't want to miss out. Fiona returned from the bathroom and with one look at her own bed threw her hands up in the air and exclaimed "and where am I supposed to sit!" Her face was a picture.

There are of course many fine true stories to be told about our fortnight including: swimming with mice (not dolphins, yes-mice!), the mysterious dead bird that turned out to be an old sock and the night the door to our bedroom jammed till 'operation rescue' in the morning. May sound a nightmare holiday to you but buy me a drink and you'll quickly come to see the funny side.

But for now it's back in the UK for adventures and new story work opportunities. I'm refreshed and ready... bring it on!